1. The wind was 9-10 knots and there were small waves.
2. Boats 10 (Martinez) and 41 (Rumpf) were both sailing on port tack, on the first downwind leg, towards the gate marks.
3. Boat 10 was clear astern by less than a boat length and on a track 1 to 2 boat lengths to leeward of Boat 41.
4. Boat 17 on starboard tack was approaching Boats 10 and 41 at a distance.
5. Boat 41 bore away to gybe to starboard to avoid Boat 17 and established a windward overlap on Boat 41.
6. After Boat 41 had gybed, Boat 10 was at a distance of less than 1 boat length from Boat 41.
7. The boats were then on converging courses.
8. Boat 10 bore away to avoid a collision.
9. Contact took place between the starboard bow of Boat 41 and the port bow of Boat 10.
10. There was slight damage to Boat 10.
11. There was no injury.
12. Neither boat took a penalty.