|Event: 2022 NSW Youth Championships||Race Number: 6|
|Protesting Boat: 202767, 216362 and 196428||Protested Boat: 196428, 196428 and 216362|
|Submitted Date/time: 02 Oct 2022 16:11|
|Hearing Details: Incident before start of race six involving 196428, 216362 and 202627.|
- Before the start 196428, 216362 and 202767 were all on starboard close to the start line.
- 216362 (leeward) and 202767 (windward) were overlapped above close hauled with gear eased.
- 196428 established an overlap to leeward with 216362 approximately 30 seconds before the start.
- 216362 did not act to keep clear of 196428.
- There was contact before the start between 216362 and 196428, causing 216362 to pass head to wind and make immediate contact with 202767.
- There was room below 196428 to avoid contact with 216362.
- There was damage to 196428 and 202767.
- 216362 to windward failed to keep clear of 196428 and broke RRS 11.
- After passing head to wind and before being on a close hauled course 216362 failed to keep clear of 202767. 216362 broke RRS 13.
- 216362 did not avoid contact with 196428 when it was reasonably possible and broke RRS 14.
- 196428 did not avoid contact with 216362 when it was reasonably possible and broke RRS 14 and was not exonerated by RRS 43.1.c because there was damage.
- It was not reasonably possible for 202767 the right of way boat to avoid contact with 216362 when it was clear that 216362 was not keeping clear. 202767 did not break RRS 14
| ||216362 is disqualified from race 6. 196428 is disqualified from race 6.|
| ||Fred Haes (chair), Damien Boldyrew (IJ), Nev Willis (IJ), Ian Humphries (IJ), Evan McHugh|