|Event: Sail Melbourne International 2020||Race Number: 1-4|
|Protesting Boat: Technical Committee||Protested Boat: 12|
|Submitted Date/time: 20 Jan 2020 16:07|
|Hearing Details: Certificate for the boat|
- Shaun Ritson IM is the duly appointed Measurer/Technical Committee for Sail Melbourne 2020.
- 470s sail number 12 and 6 are competitors in the 470 class at Sail Melbourne 2020.
- At 12:45 on Jan 20th, 2020 the Measurer sighted the measurement certificates for both boats, having requested them the previous day.
- Certificates were produced which were found to be invalid due to them not being in the name of the current owner.
- Both boats are currently owned by Sophie Jackson, helm of 12. Sophie has chartered 6 to Tyler Paige.
- Boats 12 & 6 both raced with invalid certificates for races held on 18 & 19 Jan. 2020.
- On 20 January 2020 the measurer has confirmed that new valid certificates dated 20 Jan 2020 have been received.
- By sailing without valid certificates in the first two days of the regatta, 6 and 12 have not complied with the 470 class rule.
| ||RRS 78.1, Class rule A11.1|
| ||Both boats are to be scored DSQ from races 1, 2, 3 & 4.|
| ||Jonathon Rees AUS NJ (Chairman), Christina Heydon AUS NJ, MAZARD Philippe FRA IJ, Murray Jones AUS IJ|