|Event: Sail Melbourne International 2020||Race Number: 1|
|Protesting Boat: 29||Protested Boat: 1|
|Submitted Date/time: 18 Jan 2020 17:50|
|Hearing Details: Upwind mark|
- 29 and 1 were both on starboard tack sailing to windward.
- The boards were travelling at about 22 knots.
- 1 was approximately 5-10 metres ahead of 29.
- The kite of 1 inverted suddenly and her lines tangled with 29.
- 29 recovered from the tangle after approximately 90 seconds and completed the race in 9th place.
- 1 retired from Race 1.
- By changing the position of her kite and not giving 29 room to keep clear, 1 has broken F2 16.1.
- 1 retired from the race and is to be scored RCT. F5 64.1(d)
- 29's score has been made signficantly worse through no fault of her own by a tangle caused by the action of a kiteboard breaking a rule of Part 2 (F2 16.1) and is entitled to redress.
| ||F2 16.1, F5 62.1(b), F5 64.1(d), F8 A11|
- 29 is to be scored for Race 1 an average of all other races sailed on Day One of the event.
- 1 is to have her score changed to RCT.
| ||Christina Heydon AUS NJ (Chairman), John Rountree NZL IJ, Jonathon Rees AUS NJ, MAZARD Philippe FRA IJ, Murray Jones AUS IJ|