1. Both boats were close hauled on starboard tack.
2. SGL was less than one boat length clear ahead and one boat width to leeward to leeward of TL's line.
3. SGL tacked to port, across TL's bow
4. TL hailed 'starboard' a number of times, assessing that, if she did not alter course, she would make contact with SGL's starboard quarter, approximately 1.5 m from her stern.
5. There was no response from SGL and TL bore away, passing close astern of SGL.
6. There was no contact
7. Neither boat took a penalty and both boats finished