|Event: ORCV||Race Number: Race 2|
|Protesting Boat: Race Committee||Protested Boat: |
|Hearing Details: The Race Committee incorrectly interpreted the time limit for the race through no fault of the competitors. A number of competitors finished outside the time limit for the race. The race was scored|
- RC read the wrong Sailing Instructions when checking the time limit which had a different time limit to the SI's that applied for this race.
- For both Divisions all boats finished within the "incorrect" time limit.
- The RC indicated that if they had used the correct time limit they would have shortened course.
- Under the correct time limit, 2 boats in Div 2 did not finish with the time limit and were subsequently scored DNF, and all of Div 1 did not finish within the time limit.
- Conditions were flat water, 10-15 knots of breeze.
- The course consisted of multiple laps with multiple opportunities to shorten course.
- The course was not shortened.
- All boats crossed the finish line and finish times recorded, other than three who retired for reasons other than time limit.
- RC made an improper action by referring to the incorrect SI's
- Boats were scored DNF as a result of the course not being shortened.
Redress is granted. Redress to be that results shall be calculated using finish times as recorded by the RC.
| ||Paul Pascoe, Rob Ware, Mark Welsh|