|Event: ORCV||Race Number: 1|
|Protesting Boat: Yoko||Protested Boat: |
|Hearing Details: Rendering Assistance|
- Afrayd Knot dropped their mast off the north east coast of Tasmania
- Yoko & Turbulence heard a PAN PAN call from Afrayd Knot at 12:15
- Turbulence established radio contact with Afrayd Knot but were advised by Afrayd Knot that assistance was not required.
- Yoko and ORCV discussed the situation and ORCV subsequently requested both boats to stand by
- Yoko turned back at 12:22:43 and re-commenced racing at the same position at 12:52:14
- Turbulenced turned back towards Afrayd Knot at 12:20 and when relieved by ORCV at 12:40, returning to their position as at 12:20 at 13:20.
Yoko and Turbulence rendered assistance as required.
- Yoko awarded 45 minutes from their finishing time
- Turbulence awarded 1 hour 15 minutes
| ||John Rountree, Ronnie McCracken, Steve Hatch|