|Event: ORCV||Race Number: |
|Protesting Boat: One for the Road||Protested Boat: Jaffa, Lord Jiminy|
|Hearing Details: Sailing in restricted area|
- Prior to the hearing, the RC notified both boats that they were subject to a 10% penalty without a hearing for infringing SI "Appendix D - Courses"
- The protest against Jaffa is deemed valid and hearing will proceed.
- Lord Jiminy was not properly notified of the protest as required under RRS 61.1(a)(3) and the the protest was ruled invalid.
- Lord Jiminy had requested redress and the redress hearing was heard with the protest as they concerned the same incident.
- From the screen prints provided, Lord Jiminy sailed approximately 45m inside the exclusion zone and Jaffa approximately 200m inside the exclusion zone.
- Jaffa's GPS had been malfunctioning during this and previous races.
- Jaffa did not have a crew member monitoring the chart plotter while exiting the heads. Lord Jiminy did have a crew member monitoring during this period.
- Both boats were deemed to have sailed within the exclusion zone taking into consideration the level of accuracy of GPS.
- As the RC had already imposed a 10% penalty for sailing inside the exclusion zone, there was no further penalty imposed on Jaffa.
- Lord Jiminy's request for redress is denied.
| ||Protest upheld. 10% penalty stands|
| ||Paul Pascoe (Chairman), Don Fraser, Tony Dawson|