|Event: International Etchells 2020 Australian Championships||Race Number: 5|
|Protesting Boat: 1366||Protested Boat: 1399|
|Protest Details: Rule 11 & 12|
- Wind was 15 – 20 knots with a lumpy sea.
- Both boats were approaching the line to start on starboard tack.
- That’s Life was clear astern and sailing faster.
- That’s Life established an overlap to close to windward of Pedro.
- Contact occurred between to bow of That’s Life and the starboard quarter of Pedro.
- There was no damage.
- Neither boat took a penalty and both boats finished.
- TL to windward did not keep clear of Pedro as required by RRS 11.
- TL did not avoid contact with Pedro when it was reasonably possible for her to have done so, and broke rule 14
3. It was not reasonably possible for Pedro to have avoided contact when it became clear that That’s Life was not keeping clear, and she therefore did not break RRS 14.
| ||John Mooney (Chair), Rob Ware NJ VIC, Andrew Merrett SJ VIC, Geoff Searle NJ VIC|